"96% of breaches were avoidable through simple or intermediate controls." - Verizon Data Breach Report 2011
SharePoint Security Gap:
Native SharePoint activity auditing does not provide the ability to automatically analyze access activity and respond with an alert or block.
Use a policy framework to build rules across SharePoint's Web, file, and database components to identify suspicious behavior and complement native access controls.
- Monitor, control, and respond to suspicious activity in real time.
- Balance the need for trust and openness with security concerns.
(This is a page from the SharePoint Security Playbook. Download complete eBook.)
Previous and upcoming posts in this series:
- Challenge #1: Ensure access rights remain aligned with business needs.
- Challenge #2: Address compliance mandates.
- Challenge #3: Respond to suspicious activity in real time.
- Challenge #4: Protect Web applications from attack.
- Challenge #5: Take control when migrating data.
- Download: SharePoint Security Playbook [eBook]